The ASSITEJ World Congress 2024 will be in Havana, Cuba from 24 May to 1 June 2024 with the theme of Embodying Vision which is the third theme in our overarching three-year dramaturgy of Regenerating.
The ASSITEJ Magazine continues to be online, you can view the previous versions from 2022 and 2023.
The magazine articles will be published in English and the original language of the author. We will create a magazine that communicates through images, film and text. Both visuals and text should address the theme, Regenerating: embodying vision. We are aiming to regularly update this online magazine with new articles, from January 2024 until the opening of the Congress in May 2024.
This magazine calls for articles that envision the dramaturgy from numerous artistic perspectives. Some prompts might be:
- To embody our visions, what kinds of questions should we ask ourselves and the world around us?
- As a TYA artist or practitioner, how can you increase children’s and young people’s participation in this time of difficulties?
- How can we take action to regenerate the environment and society?
- What creative approaches can we employ to establish new connections with people worldwide, especially those whose voices are not heard, and bring them forward?
- How do you respond to the global call to challenge traditional methods of artistic creation and transition to new forms of artistic work?
- How can we support artists and theatres in conflict zones for their efforts to regenerate?
- How can theatre and performance for young people be utilized to bring about the changes we all aspire to see?
- What ideas can be explored to promote sustainable international exchange in the performing arts?
- Be between 500-700 words (English) maximum and sent in Word and PDF (both), Times 12pt font.
- Include a title and the name of the author at the top, and a 25-word bio of the author at the end.
- Submissions should be in English and the original language of the author.
- Be accompanied by high quality photos in separate files from the article, TIFF preferred but JPEG is acceptable, the size of the files should not be less than 5 MB.
- The photos should be credited with the name of the photographer, company, and play or project.
- Or it could be a video film less than 5 min. with English subtitles.
- Or be a collection of photos and texts for a photo-essay style article.
- All files should be named by the last name of the author and country.
Deadline for submissions is 14 December 2023.
Send to email@example.com
*The selected articles are planned to be uploaded on the online Magazine every month from January to May 2024.